Back to School
UED Educational Summit
September 11, 2022
Supercharge your September!
Attend three live webinars with the Unpacked for Educators team.
Prepare your students for life outside the classroom, inspire them with lessons from great Jewish leaders, and get a sneak peek at what’s been brewing at Unpacked for Educators.
Sunday, September 11
What’s new at Unpacked for Educators
- A review of our website’s exciting upgrades and updates
- An introduction to our newest films and video series
- Our innovative curriculum for teaching Zionism
Menachem Begin: Why he is more relevant than ever in 2022
Join Noam Weissman, Sara Himeles and Professor Avi Shilon, historian and Menachem Begin scholar, as they share their insights on how to teach about leadership and Israeli history through the extraordinary story of Menachem Begin. Explore three key themes from Begin’s life, plus practical ways to share them with your students. Featuring clips from the educational version of Upheaval: The Life and Legacy of Menachem Begin and excerpts from the accompanying curriculum.
Engaging in difficult conversations in the classroom
Join our new Senior Director of Israel Education – AMER, Sarah Gordon, and gain the tools you need to engage with difficult questions and conversations about Israel with your students. Educators will leave the session better equipped to engage with complex topics, giving their students the confidence to navigate the discourse about Israel online and on campus.
Register separately for each session you’d like to attend
- All registration is handled directly through Zoom
- Registration is free and grants access to one attendee
- Each session will run 35-45 minutes
- A recording of each session will be available to attendees for replay after the event